To be an indispensable asset to those who work to improve the value of healthcare in Wisconsin.
The Wisconsin Health Information Organization (WHIO) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to improving the quality, affordability, safety and efficiency of health care in Wisconsin.
With its unique All-Payer Claims Database, WHIO makes high quality, reliable, integrated data available to all stakeholders seeking to transform healthcare. The
MyHealthWI.org website, powered by WHIO, encourages consumer engagement in health care, a core goal of the organization.
WHIO's goals are to:
- Aggregate health care data to create a comprehensive, reliable data source to be used by multiple stakeholders to decrease unwarranted variations in efficiency, quality, safety and cost;
- Improve the quality, cost, safety and efficiency of health care in Wisconsin by partnering with providers, purchasers and consumers;
- Inform and support provider, payer and purchaser quality improvement and value-based initiatives; and
- Encourage consumer engagement by publishing usable information.
About the WHIO Datamart:
- The only statewide voluntary All-Payer Claims Database in the nation
- Includes more than 4.37M individuals – 75.7+% of Wisconsin's population
- Includes more than 314M claims – medical and pharmacy, and
- $106.8B in billed charges – Commercial and Medicaid (HMO and FFS)